down lo

Ranting and raving and carrying on...

Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Weekend, and end Period

I have decided to blog once again! *waits for applause to die down or for groans* I will start by highlighting that this weekend I tasted a few hours of work and will be dreading the summer mouths. I also want to say that I will miss all of those people leaving our dear village of Weyburn, God Bless.... and that is my next point.
Let me start on the morning of June. 11/2005. It was Saturday and I was just asked to help my dad shingle a shed on a rental property. As I walked out of the house, two Jehovah's Witnesses walk into my backyard. I made small talk to them and told them my mother was inside. (I was in a rush to help my dad) When arriving at the rental property I thought of what exactly do Jehovah's Witnesses believe in, which brings me to today (Sunday). I searched the internet for their believes and found this: http://www.carm.org/jw/nutshell.htm . After reading this, I realize how.... touchie faith can be. I read lines like this: "In other words, all of Christianity is false and only the Jehovah's Witness "theocratic" organization lead by several men in Brooklyn, New York, is true." and I instantly started thinking negitively about Jehovah's, but that has pasted. This is a no brainer but religious can be a good thing, with the bringing together of community and a bad thing, dividing of other religions. My faith is in a God, but other then that I am lost in a web of faith.

This is Drake saying: "Shake your bon bon, sir"... yes I hate saying that

Peace out

-Jon

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilon, A said...

That's the one thing about those Witnesses of that dude, you know, the Jehova one. They believe in what they are told so much that they try to force others into it. They still live the ways that the first people did when they tried to teach the Indians about christianity. Everyone elses veiws are wrong and they are right. Most religions believe what they do but won't try and force people into it by going door to door and not leaving till they say the worship their religion. All-in-All though who is to really say for certain that their religion is the right one. I'm not gonna say their isn't a god or anything, I really hope their is one, but trying to force me to beleive in one is just gonna drive me away faster.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

I totally agree Pilon. Far too much are people totally turned off by God by all the God-crazy people in the world. I don't mind if people believe in God, I believe in God, but if you are trying to tell me I have to or if I don't, I'm doomed to hell is no way to gain my vote. I think people need to come to their own conclusions from the things they hear. Then again, if you just want to believe the only way you know and either don't know about others or want to know then go hard, but don't try to tell me what I'm believing is wrong. Steve out.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home