down lo

Ranting and raving and carrying on...

Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Sunday, July 10, 2005

My car...my job

Hey, well I finally got a job delivering pizzas for Town & Country. Yay, go me. The job isn't bad, but when your "reliable" car stops being so reliable.. well lets just say it makes the job a lot harder. "My first delivery." I thought as I jumped into my car with the pizzas to find out my car has overheated. So, my first two deliveries were in my boss's car then I was off for 10 minutes to pick up my dad's truck. After that the delivery went smooth...besides spilling a drink and getting the wrong address on a pizza. I even got to delivery a pizza to Mr. Glaspey himself! So, good times had by all, but I'm afraid if I don't get my car fixed I will have to quit this job and start over.


For those of you "want to be" mechanics, my car works fine untill you try to start it on a very warm day. It makes a slightly different noise when
it is too hot, but when it cools off it works fine again!? It could be a hose that expands from the heat letting air into the system or something more but ya that's
what it is doing when it is warm. On the plus side, I have my CD player installed in the car and it sounds amazing!

8 Comments:

Blogger Pilon, A said...

It could be that the car is too hot...you know, cars don't work well when they are hot, that's why they have cooling systems. although if it was your cooling system you'd know it because smoke would be billowing out from under your hood.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Pilot said...

sounds like a starter to me... my truck used to do that... put in a new starter fixed it right up

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Yes, smoke would be coming out from under the hood. It could be the starter, that is to say I will need a starter some day... anywho it is at the mechanics right now.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Pilon, A said...

Well, from talking with jon tonite, we're both wrong, it's the fuel pump(at least that's what they told jonny)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jonny said...

ya... daddy says they ordered it today and hopes it will be shipped from Albert tonight, getting here in the morning. Uh is there more then one fuel pump on a car? My uncle said something about one deep in the engine... costing about 300 buckazoids... better not be that one...hope there isn't a 300 buckazoid fuel pump.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Pilon, A said...

shouldn't be....a fuel pu8mp is a pretty cheap fix.......It's one of those things taht aren't supposed to last.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Pilot said...

Like a marriage?!

Ba Dum!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Either way, my car now runs like it was bought and sold to me today, sometimes I only need to turn the key once to get it running instead of the usual three. Now I'm on call! YAY!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home