down lo

Ranting and raving and carrying on...

Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Monday, February 13, 2006

Money, our curse

Laterly I have been throwing around money like crazy. (see Future in the making today) But money, at this stage, shouldn't be used for the next game I catch in my sight or that PSP that I have been rambling about for who knows how long, it should be a NEED instead of a want. I was just looking at phones, found one called the W600 walkman phone. It's basically a MP3 plus camera phone which got me thinking, I have a camera and I rarely listen to music so why do I NEED this phone? Even an organizer phone, I thought it would be cool to plan out my day and stick to a orderly schedule. But I usually stick to a schedule even if it isn't laid out on paper or digital font. I think for now, I will just stick to what I already have, my basic phone from delivering pizza.


Sunday, someone walks into the gas bar *ouch*. No, he comes in to buy a pack of number 7 KS smokes. These smokes cost 9.35 with tax, after telling him this he empties his pockets and dishes out 9.40 in DIMES! Anyways, after recounting the change, the man says "Only 2 days till my pay cheque! I had to steal this from my boy's piggy bank." Folks, if your desperate enough to steal from your own kid, just to buy your darn cigs, you need to quit, or at least try. I know it's hard to quit habbits like that, I still have a urge to buy too many games at one time.


Challenge!


YAY, a new section, those other ones kind of bottomed out, or fell a sleep trying to watch..From Dusk till Dawn being one. Alright, this is my first challenge, it's really just for me to stop being an idiot with my money, but anyone can join in. For one month, starting today, I won't buy anymore games. Hmm lacks substance, how about anything that would be new to my house. So, no more DVDs or games, or anything stupid to spend my money on. I will still rent movies from the Movie Factory though.


The Great Escape


So, I watched this with my family on Saturday night, and I thought by the end it was pretty dragged out. The movie is based on a book by Paul Brickhill, who wrote it after escaping from prisoner of war camp. Paul was the brains of the operation, they were commanded to keep as many German soldiers busy at the time of D-day. The bonus documentary says it was around 1 million German soldiers that they successfully deverted from the D-day operation. 76 people managed to escape the camp, later 61 were recaptured, and 50 were shot. This film was dedicated to their deaths. It was a great movie, the end seemed to drag on a bit, I give it a 8 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home