down lo

Ranting and raving and carrying on...

Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Monday, February 27, 2006

Sex sells, go buy some

Is anyone else annoyed with the new milk commercial? Well, it isn't that new anymore. But when a product like milk has to resort to sexy women strutting around in farmer costumes, basically saying that milk is as good as sex you better go buy some. I don't know maybe I just get mad at the commercial because it is also saying that we should throw cows into tiny stalls and fill them full of hormones to product more milk for a greedy consumer that would buy anything that had some type of sex appeal. But that said I still drink milk, yes, I am a big hypocrite. I hope to try it when I move to Regina if I am up to it. Either way these products own us because of this weakness, when we give into sex appeal we are saying we aren't strong enough to resist the temptation. But most people can't resist temptation, that is why our society is the way it is. Also smokes suck, like in that other commercial... boy, I watch too much TV.


I don't think I can be comfortable with a job, I always find a mentallity that I hate about it. For example, I hated T & C for a number of reasons, but I didn't like tat fact that I was helping transport meat for people to enjoy. It is true that the meat is already dead and I couldn't have done anything to save that animal, but I still didn't like it. At the Gasbar, I hate how I am selling smokes so people can go kill theirselves slowly, and most likely more painfully. Yes, smokes do have a positive side in some ways, but I don't believe they out weigh the bad. The Source, I am tempting people to buy stuff that they don't need, but this type of nitpicking won't get me far in this world. Seeing that as humans we desire to be tempted into doing wrong, but that doesn't mean we need to continue being played with by what the media tells us we need.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pilon, A said...

First of all, I fail to see the good side in smokes...there isn't one douche. And secondly, noty all milk is from hormone filled cows. There is stuff out there that is all natural with no hormones or anything like that. They just milk the cow at the cows regular pace......Just drink that stuff instead. And don't tell me milking a cow is bad becasue we already had this discussion and I won. Well, actually, I just said stuf, nobody listened so I declared myself the winner.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Well, the only good side of smoking is releaving stress, but that is still a negative way of handling your stress level.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Fine, smokers are a plague on society, but if you put it that way it would just be one big blame game.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home