down lo

Ranting and raving and carrying on...

Name:
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Big Companies Iron Grasp

So, even if I don't get enough sleep for my 7 o'clock shift I still can get through it. I assume I am turning into an elf, you know, only needing 4 hours of meditation... well it was more like 6 but I am getting closer. All I need now is to get come pointy ears and start living forever, I think I can become a full elf in about 4 years.... screw that I want my +2 to dex rolls now!


Ok.... on to my next point, it turns out the windows at the gas bar were actually inscribed with the triforce. I cleaned the corners of every pane of glass and there it was, the three triangles of the triforce. Yes, I have found the magic glass of Hyrule, and no it isn't for sale.


I find it fun how I use so many lame jokes on a blog entry that I have some actually important to say, well, I bet you are all dying for me to tell you about the title? I guess I could tell you, but I was going to save it for another entry... Alright, fine, you talked me into it. I get back to work for the second half of my shift and my boss hands me a layoff notice! I was all like shit, but then I read it. Derek is forced to close all three of his stores in the mall because of poor support from the town. I had mixed feelings about this, for one I didn't care for working at The Source, but that 8 to 12 hours less that goes on my pay check. I believe the reason there has been no support is because of the big company at the edge of town, Wal-mart. That is the problem here, Weyburn isn't big enough to support every business in town, people usually flock to one of them and stay there for their business. I know many people who are actually boycotting Wal-mart, but usually the city can still offer what you need. Weyburn doesnt' offer an such outlets. But I can't see a business that could help the solve this problem.


I will try to support more of the little guys in town, instead of the major monopolizing Wal-mart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home